Palak-paneer for non Onion-Garlic eaters

In India, lot of people do not eat Onion and Garlic. Some of them do not eat on some festivals, and some of them do not eat Garlic- Onions through out their life time. For some people, it is because their culture do not allow them to do so. And for some people, it is the tradition they are following from generations of not eating Onion and Garlic during Festivals, and for some people, it is their health which didn't permits them from having Onion and Garlic.

I still remember, first year of my marriage and Navratari festival arrived, and I came to know from my in-laws family, that we are not suppose to cook and eat onion, garlic and eggs, throughout the festival, i.e. 9 days of the festival. My reaction was, " Ooooooooohhh, mmmmmy gggggod". At that time, I didn't knew what to do, some people told me if u will use more of tomatoes than it will taste the same curry as it tastes with onion and garlic. But, it never tasted the same. Then, after talking to my mom, she told me about 1 of the incident,when I was in 6th Grade. I was small, but I do recall that incident, as my mom also faced the same problem, and at that time she was so disturbed that she told me about it. One of my father's colleague, who's family do not eat any onion and garlic throughout their lifetime, was  getting relocated, and my father wanted them to come over to our house for dinner. My mother who is a great cook, always cooks any curry with onion and garlic. So, she was bewildered to what to do next. And then she did some trials and the results were a hit.

I followed my Mother's direction, and got a real good results. She says, "If you are not having Onion n Garlic, then that doesn't mean you need to have tasteless food". Now, I totally agree with her.

Here, is the recipe for Palak -Paneer for all those lovely people out here, who cannot eat Onion- garlic for some or the other reason. 

Ingredients-
  1. Palak (Spinach) - 2 bowls (chopped)
  2. Paneer - 1 bowl
  3. Salt to taste
  4. Turmeric Powder - 1tsp
  5. Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
  6. Coriander Powder - 1tsp
  7. Cumin Seeds -  1tsp 
  8. Aamchur Powder - 1/2tsp
  9. Cooking Oil - 1tbsp
  10. White Cream - 1tbsp
  11. Green Chilli/ Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Directions -
  •  In a heated pan, add oil.
  • Add cumin seeds to the Oil when heated.
  • After Cumin Seeds crackle, add chopped spinach in the pan.
  • Fry it on medium heat, till it leaves water.
  • Add salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, aamchur powder and chopped green chilli or red chilli powder, stir it and cover and let it cook for 10 minutes.
  • Add cut Paneer to the pan, and again let it cook for another 5 minutes covered.
  • Stir and dry all the water from the pan.
  • Garnish it with a white cream.
  • Serve it hot with Roti/ Parantha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers