Cashew and White Chocolate Chips Cookies #Creative Cookie Exchange

My kiddo loves Chocolate Chip Cookies, but then it has to be brown Chocolate Chips......Once I tried replacing brown Chocolate Chips with White Chocolate Chips... And she completely refused to eat those cookies... I couldn't think of any cookie delite, which she likes it, and she can also take it to the school for her snack time... The only thing, which I thought will work, was replacing Brown Chocolate Chips with White Chocolate Chips...  Then, I remembered her, taking a second serving of Cookies in my friend's place... Those Cookies had nuts playing hide-and-seek.... So, my idea originated of Cashew and White Chocolate Chips Cookies... The original recipe of Chocolate chip Cookies, I got from "Host The Toast", but over time I did lots of change suiting my taste and requirements.


Lots of tricks, I learnt from my own mistakes while making these cookies... And one of my favorite trick is, mix it while you are in kitchen stirring something in pot and keep it in refrigerator.. And whenever you have time, bake it... I baked it next day... And I think, I got the best results...

Every month, we get together to bake delicious cookies... The theme this month is White Chocolate! White Chocolate is seriously underrated as a baking ingredient--it compliments so many other flavors so nicely, like citrus, spices, berries, winter squash, etc. So, if you want to see all the ways white chocolate can be used to make terrific cookies, you have to come to the right place! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.

You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes-- be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and for monthly posts (you can find all of the at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find the the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:



Here, is the amazingly easy recipe of Cashew and White Chocolates for you to try....

Ingredients required for 24 cookies- 

  1. Butter - 1 1/2 stick (at room temperature)
  2. Brown Sugar - 1 cup
  3. White Sugar - 1/2 cup
  4. All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 2 cups + as needed
  5. Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
  6. Baking Powder - 1 tsp
  7. Salt - 1tsp
  8. Cashew - 3/4 cup (broken)
  9. White Chocolate Chips - 1 1/2 cup
Directions - 
  • Mix butter, brown sugar and White Sugar together. I prefer to use a wooden spoon to mix it... And mix until it is well combined.

  •  In another bowl, mix All Purpose flour with Salt, Baking powder and Baking soda. Add this mixture to the Sugar mixture. Add cashew and White Chocolate Chips.


  •  Mix until Cashew and Chocolate Chips, are well incorporated in the dough.


  •  Keep in refrigerator for minimum 1 hr, or maximum for 3 days. I normally, make the dough ready, cover it a plastic wrap and keep it in refrigerator until I am free and ready to bake. 
  • Lined the baking tray with a parchment paper. Scoop the Dough with an ice-cream scoop, and place on the tray about 2" apart.


  •  Now, bake the cookies, for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges have turned light brown in color.


  •  Let it rest on the tray for 5 minutes. And then transfer to the cooling rack for further cooling.


  • Enjoy it with a glass of milk...


Comments

Renee said…
My husband loves cashews and so I think these would be great cookies to bake for him.
Ansh said…
Nice work, hiding chocolate chips with nuts!!
Shilpi Prasad said…
Thanx Renee and Anshie, for your lovely words...
I think cashews go so nicely with white chocolate chips-- the saltiness is just right with the sweet chips.
The Ninja Baker said…
Cooling cookie dough does seem to work the best for most cookies I bake, too. Great choice to combine cashews and white chocolate...Of course any nut with white chocolate works for me...But I am especially fond of those lovely cashews = )
Karen said…
I love the idea of make ahead dough!!
Stacy Rushton said…
Good tip on refrigerating the dough, Shilpi. I often freeze mine as well, either in balls ready to bake or rolled into a log to slice and bake. Your cookies look lovely!
Hezzi-D said…
Cashews and white chocolate sound like a great combo!
Bakingyummies said…
Your cookies look so soft and fudgy...btw I loved the backdrop of your blog.
Cashews and white chocolate sounds like a lovely combination. Your cookies look wonderfully soft and tender, delicious!

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers