Dal Palak from the left over Dal fry


I have invited few of my friends at dinner, over the weekend.. Made a whole buffet menu... Shahi Paneer, Dal fry, Gobhi fry, Boondi Raita, Jeera Rice, Puri's, chutney, salad and Ice-cream with sprinklers of top. Well, I do understand, when you are making lot of stuffs, the quantity of individual item has to be less.



Other curries, were good but somehow, I made too much of Dal fry... My family do not want repeat the same dal next day, even if I reheat it properly... So, after some hit and trial experiments, I found out that, if I again process the dal in some other way, no one in family says no to it..

Today, was my laundry day, and I complete forgot to do cook lunch... And remembered, when it was time for my kiddo's friends to come... Yes, my kiddo plays everyday with he friends after lunch time... And this duration sometimes extends to 3-4 hours.. So, the lunch has to be filling and appropriate in all respects... Was only left with 30 minutes time... So, thought of processing this Dal fry on one side, and cook rice on another side....

Had no time to cook veggies, so thought of adding Spinach to this dal itself... It was so quick, 10 minutes, and the dal was ready... In 20 minutes, she was on her Lunch table... And dal was just awesome... Now, Next time I am making Chana Dal, I will make sure that I have extra,to prepare Dal-Palak, next day...


Here, is the recipe for awesome Dal- Palak for you to try -

Ingredients for 4 people -

  1. Cooked Dal for 3 people 
  2. Zeera - 1 tsp
  3. Garlic cloves - 3-4
  4. Green Chilli - 2 (slited)
  5. Spinach - 25-30 leaves (roughly chopped) 
  6. Salt - 1/4 tsp (as per taste)
  7. Aamchur Powder - 1 tsp
  8. Home made Ghee - 1 tbsp
Direction to follow-
  • Heat Ghee, add zeera, let it crackle.

  • Add garlic cloves and green chilli, and saute till cloves are light brown.

  • Add chopped spinach, and fry on high flame, till all water dries up.

  • Now, add dal with a cup of water. Stir, and add salt with chat masala.
  • Stir and give it a boil for 5 minutes, and it is done..

  • Enjoy...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers